If you have a use for muslin, insist on GOTS certified, Uses: Hey, it’s muslin. What can’t you use it for? Perfect your apparel patterns with garment mock-ups. Swaddle your infant. Make produce bags, Roman tunics, Prayer Shawls, storage bags for your wedding dress. A versatile, timeless fabric.
GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard, is the gold standard of fabric certifications. GOTS is your assurance that the fabric you are bringing into your home or workplace is the best possible choice in these categories:
- Toxicity and Impact on the environment
- Toxicity and impact on human and animal health and safety (Yes, #1 and #2 are different. You can have a fabric that is safe to use, but whose production was an environmental disaster. In fact, this is usually the case.)
- Carbon Footprint
- Social justice issues – workers safety and rights, a real concern in the textile industry still
- End of life disposition – right now, at end of life, you bury our fabric in your back yard where it becomes food for tomatoes. This is the ideal end of life scenario (and true for all but 3 of our fabrics).
- Water treatment at every stage of production
It will shrink in hot or cool temperatures about 8% the first time washed.
apparel, bedding, drapery, tabletop, upholstery
- certification: GOTS, Global Organic Textile Standard
- content: 100% organic cotton
- railroaded: No directionality
- weight: 4 oz yd2 / 136 gm m2
- width: 63" / 160 cm