GRS Certified Blackout Fabric. Uses: drapery liner, blackout curtains, media room drapery, apparel lining fabric, apparel of all sorts — dress, skirt, etc.
GRS, The Global Recycled Standard, is a third-party certification that guarantees that:
- the percentage of recycled material claimed is actually true.
- toxic chemicals are not used at any step in the recycling process.
- thorough water treatment is required at each step of the production process (because even benign chemicals, like salt, if expelled in wastewater, will eventually destroy the local eco- system).
- workers' rights, and health and safety standards are maintained.
If you MUST use plastic fabric (human-made from petroleum), please insist on GRS certified fabric. There is a huge difference between recycled plastic and GRS recycled plastic. What are the differences? oecotextiles.blog/2011/09/09/global-recycle-standard.
Pre-shrunk. If ironing is needed, iron with a cool iron. This is untreated plastic and it will melt.
- certification: GRS, the Global Recycling Standard
- content: 100% GRS certified post-consumer recycled polyester
- weight: 4.4 oz yd2 / 149 m2
- width: 58" / 147 cm