A perfect weight linen for upholstery, especially for whole piece slipcovers that you will be removing to wash once in a while.
Washougal and our other fabrics are wonderful because of what they do not do:
- They do not support the sale and use of chemical pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers , etc., to grow the fibers: Chemicals which poison our soils and pollute groundwater.
- Our producers treat their wastewater so production does not degrade our streams and waterways;
- The fabrics do not contain harmful chemical residues which evaporate into the air or are absorbed through our skin or that are abraded and then you ingest or inhale them;
- The fabrics do not accumulate in landfills - they biodegrade (3 exceptions!).
- They have not been produced by people being paid unfair wages, working in poor working conditions.
Two Sisters Ecotextiles wants to be among the forefront of companies raising peoples’ consciousness about the far-reaching implications of their textile choices.
The Fabric Name
Washougal is a small town on the Washington side of the Columbia River, not far from Portland, Oregon, and on the Lewis and Clark Highway at the entrance to the scenic Columbia River Gorge. Its name is an indigenous people’s name for “rushing water.”
upholstery and apparel
- abrasion test results: 40,000 Martindale
- care: Will not shrink if washed in cool temperatures; in hot temperatures, it will shrink, on first washing only, 8% in length only. Washougal is quite heavy and will take a very long time to dry, Air dry, if possible; and remove before it is completely dry.
- certification: Oeko-Tex 100
- content: 100% linen
- weight: 18 oz yd2 / 558 gm m2
- width: 55" / 139 cm