- abrasion test results: 12,000 Martindale
- care: Washes beautifully in any temperature. Shrinkage in cool temperatures the first time you wash is 5%; in hot, 8%. As always, we encourage you to use cool temperatures.
- certification: Fiber only certified organic, GOTS compliant processing
- content: 100% organic linen
- weight: 6.5 oz yd2 / 220 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm
- AOX in primary effluent
- Aromatic solvents
- Bleaching can be oxygen based only
- Chlorophenols (TCP, PCP)
- Complexing agents and active detergents such as APEO, EDTA, DTPA and similar
- Formaldehyde and other short-chain aldehydes
- Fungicides and biocides
- Halogenated solvents
- Heavy metals (inputs must be heavy metal free as defined by ETAD)
The mill in China where this fabric is woven is a mill where the principals are dedicated to green technology. Consequently, not only are their air and water quality standards very high (most are requirements of GOTS), but the mill has a renewable energy plan that they have made application to the Chinese government to help to fund.
The mill has on-site water treatment through which they monitor and clean sediment; measure and correct both temperature and pH, and clean their effluent to drinking water standards.
Finally, the GOTS requirements ensure that workers are treated well, they're paid fair wages, and child and slave labor is not allowed. Working conditions are good (such as having air purification on the premises); there is adequate light and ventilation.
To be clear: When we say that the fabric is produced in compliance with GOTS, we mean that we adhere to the GOTS standard even though we cannot prove it to you because someone in the chain of custody has dropped their GOTS certification, or never gotten it. We know that we advise you to avoid suppliers who claim to be safe but do not have the certificates to prove it (putting us in an awkward position!) so if this makes you uncomfortable, please select a different fabric which has GOTS or Oeko Tex certification. Our goal is to convert all fabrics to third party certifications.