Illahe is a sheer fabric, light as a breeze and soft as a breath yet imbued with linen's natural strength.
Illahe is an organic fabric – that is, it is a GOTS certified fabric.
- This means that, of the well over 2,000 commonly used chemicals in textile manufacturing, we use NONE of those which are known (or suspected) to harm humans or the environment.
- This means that there are no residues in our fabrics that your family can breathe in or absorb through their skin (Another means of transmission is tiny particles being abraded and ingested or breathed in!).
- We are not saying that the growth of human illnesses, such as the doubling in male birth defects over the past 20 years or the 400% increase in ADHD, for example, is a result of the fabric in your homes. But that fabric is processed with chemicals that are proven to cause reproductive problems; neurological problems; and chronic disease. We’re giving people the option to live without those chemical inputs.
The Fabric Name
Illahe is an unincorporated community located on the Rogue River in Oregon. The area was home to Takelma Indians, then to European and Karok settlers, before becoming part of the Wild Rogue Wilderness area. In the 21st century, it's a stopping place for hikers, boaters and other visitors. The 36 mile stretch of the Rogue River between Grave Creek and Ilahae is designated “wild and scenic" and is one of the best-known whitewater runs in the United States.
Use it alone or layer it with other fabrics to create a dreamy softness in window treatments, bedding, appointments, scarves, or gorgeous clothes.
- care: Illahe is washable in any temperatures and is pre-shrunk. We always suggest using cool temperatures to prolong the life of your fabric and the vibrancy of colors, and to save energy.
- certification: GOTS Certified.
- content: 100% organic linen
- directionality: Non-directional
- weight: 4.6 oz yd2 / 156 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm