This fabric is available to the trade only. Please contact us if you would like to contact a designer or other trade contact through whom you can purchase it.
Cascade is all hemp. Hemp, like linen, if first quality, will last many years, and will get a lovely patina with use. First quality fabric is made from first quality yarns which are spun from LONG fibers. Hemp and falx linen fibers are, on average 18 inches. The short fibers are also used by many producers. Beware of flax and linen fabrics made with short fiber, “cottonized,” yarns. That fabric will not last nearly as long. It is much less expensive because it is tons easier to prepare and spin fibers that are under 2 inches in length instead of 18 inches long.
- Abrasion Test Result: 35,000 Martindale
- care: Pre-shrunk. Hemp loves to be washed. But be sure to test a little sample in the water in your area. Water minerals can make Cascade, for a few washings, less soft. You can always professionally green clean. Cascade gets softer with washing. But, please, do not use hot temperatures very often to preserve the color and to save the planet!
- certification: Oeko-Tex 100 Certified
- content: 100% long fiber hemp
- weight: 16 oz yd2 / 510 gm m2
- width: 55" / 140 cm
*** A discussion of what the abrasion ratings mean.