Made from American-grown organic cotton, the fabric was woven at the first (and still only) mill in the United States that produces fabrics to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). Our next production run of Dungeness may not be an All American made product because this one and only GOTS certified mill in the US has given up its expensive GOTS certification due to lack of demand. Help us create demand! Dungeness is an organic FABRIC, not just a fabric made of organic fibers. Learn what that means.
The Fabric NameWe named this fabric after the crab, because, besides loving its sweet meat (and feeling guiltless about eating it because it's a “Best Choice" according to Seafood Watch published by the Monterey Bay Aquarium), the Dungeness crab (Metcarcinus magister), is native to North America.
upholstery, drapery, top of bed, and apparel
- abrasion test results: 25,000 Wyzenbeek*
- care: Wash in cool water and dry on low heat; shrinkage is 8% in length and none in width. In hot temperatures, Dungeness will shrink a bit over 10% in length the first time you wash it in hot.
GOTS certified through weaving; Oeko-Tex 100 dyes
- content: 100% organic cotton
- railroaded: No directionality
- weight: 10 oz yd2 / 339 gm m2
- width: 59" / 150 cm
*A discussion of what the abrasion ratings mean.