Eco FactsThe organic fibers were spun, woven and dyed in compliance with The Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS), which means that no chemicals of concern were used in any step of the production process which might harm you, so you can use this fabric knowing that it is safe for you and your family.
The Fabric Name
Hood Canal is a naturally occurring fjord which forms the western lobe of Puget Sound, Washington State. In 2006 researchers discovered that Hood Canal contained a large dead zone caused by low oxygen levels. This dead zone – where nothing alive is found in an area that is usually teaming with all sizes and types of lifeforms - has had devastating effects on the area's biodiversity. It's generally accepted that the impacts of low oxygen are linked to growing urbanization along the coast. The Hood Canal Dissolved Oxygen Program (HCDOP), a partnership of 38 organizations, and which we support, combats the problem.
- abrasion test results: 12,000 Martindale
- care: Washes beautifully in any temperature. Shrinkage in cool temperatures the first time you wash is 5%; in hot, 8%. As always, we encourage you to use cool temperatures.
- certification: Fiber only certified organic, GOTS compliant processing
- content: 100% organic linen
- railroaded: No directionality
- weight: 6.5 oz yd2 / 220 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm