Eco FactsKapowsin’s mill is powered by natural gas. In addition, all water used by the mill is biologically treated before being returned to our groundwater, meeting COD values of less than 300 mg of oxygen/l, BOD of less than 25 mg oxygen/l, and pH values between 6.5 and 9. And, being Oeko-Tex 100 certified and GOTS compliant, you know it is safe to use and its production has been as safe as we can currently make it on other living things.
The Fabric NameKapowsin was named after Kapowsin Lake, in Washington State, which was created during a "geologic event" called the Electron Flow on Mt. Rainier in which the snow pack, rock, and dirt came crashing down the northwest corner of the mountain, filling valley areas and blocking creeks and rivers.
Great for upholstery, heavy totes, anytime for you need a thick workhorse of a fabric.
- abrasion test results: 22,000 Martindale
- care: Although Kapowsin is washable, we suggest not doing so because it is so extremely heavy that it may harm your home machines. Kapowsin will shrink more than 10% in width and length the first time it is washed in any temperature.
- certification: Oeko-Tex 100
- content: 100% linen
- Leed: Eligible for credits: indoor air quality, use of rapidly renewable resources, and/or innovation.
- railroaded: No directionality
- weight: 26.5oz yd2 / 898gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm