AboutWinthrop Too is a heavier weight than our original Winthrop. At 16 oz it is a rugged blend of organic linen and organic cotton fibers. GOTS Certified. The fabric is a canvas, with tightly twisted yarns, soft yet substantial, with a lovely drape. Perfect for upholstery and slipcovers.
Winthrop Too is a GOTS certified fabric. What makes a fabric "organic" is not simply the fact that organic fibers are used, but that the entire process uses only inputs whose toxicity profiles prove they are safe for humans- and the planet.
Even a fabric that is advertised as being made of "100% organic cotton" is 77% cotton and 23% residual chemicals by weight if conventionally processed.*
The Fabric NameWinthrop Too is also, like Winthrop, named after the rugged town in eastern Washington State which provided background for The Virginian, America's first western novel. Bordered on the west by the pristine forests and stunning views of North Cascades National Park, Winthrop remains a lovely center for river rafting, cross country skiing, and other outdoor activities.
- abrasion test results: 40,000 Martindale
- care: Washable in all temperatures, minimal shrinkage (3% or less).But, as always, we suggest cool water and air to prolong the life of the fabric, to preserve the vibrancy of the colors, and to save on resources.
- certification: GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard
- content: 100% organic cotton
- railroaded: No directionality
- weight: 16 oz yd2 / 542 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm