Basket showcases the calm sheen and lusciousness of linen. Linen is a great choice as a drapery fabric because linen fibers (like all bast fibers such as hemp and ramie) does not degrade in sunlight. So you can hand Basket in full sun and it will outlast us all. Just make sure it is natural linen made from the flax plant, and not “linen” made from plastic.
Basket is GOTS certified. GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard, is the gold standard of textile certifications. It is your assurance that you are not creating health issues for anyone in your family (or office); or anyone else’s family, for that matter, since GOTS addresses each step of production.
The Fabric Name
The weave reminds us of basketry !!
Beautiful as drapery as well as duvet covers, clothes - lots of uses. Basket is a semi-sheer, so you may need an underlayment fabric. Try our muslin, Astoria, Asotin, sateen – lots of choices.
- abrasion test results: Not an upholstery fabric.
- care: Although Basket can be washed in cool water and line dried, we recommend professional green cleaning to maintain its crisp appearance. Iron while still damp; because, if you wait until the linen is completely dry, linen is really hard to iron. If it does get dry, spritz with water – with distilled water (If there are minerals in your tap water, those minerals may stain).
- certification: GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard
- content: 100% organic linen
- directionality: Non-directional
- weight: 18.0 oz yd2 / 610 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm