In 2023, Skookum is new- and we hope a powerful draw as it is our first yarn dyed fabric which naturally hides stains - although we are now convinced of the safety of use of the first Oeko-Tex 100 certified stain repellant spray for fabric (It only took 9 years to convince us!). Contact us for details!
Oeko-Tex Made In Green
The Fabric Name
In Chinook jargon, Skookum means a powerful spirit. The Chinook are a Northwest Native American Tribe.
Meant as an upholstery fabric, you can also use Skookum for lots of other applicatoins - like roman shades, curtains, apparel, towels, blankets, top of the bed.
- abrasion test results: 30,000 Martindale
- care: Washable in all temperatures. Pre-shrunk.
- certification: GOTS, The Global Organic Textile Standard
- content: 100% organic cotton
- directionality: Skookum is mildly directional with the darker yarns predominantly running up the roll.
- weight: 16 oz yd2 / 543 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm