Ah, Klamath! Klamath is plain weave linen. The classic upholstery weight at 16 oz per square yard. Plain weave is the most basic of the three basic types of textile weaves. In plain weave cloth, the warp and weft threads cross at right angles, aligned so they form a simple criss-cross pattern. It is strong and hard-wearing. Linen is an extremely strong fiber that will give you many years.
Oeko-Tex Made In Green
The Fabric Name
There are really any water falls in Klamath, Oregon. The "Falls"r efers to the really strong current of the river - the river Link. Therea re lots of waterfalls nearby - just not in the city limits!
Klamath is both a very long lasting upholstery fabric and a lovely drapery fabric, with a lovely drape and linen's incomparable sheen. Upholstery, drapery, apparel, towels, throws, most anything that requires a strong but soft light heavyweight!
- abrasion test results: 30,000 Martindale
- care: Washable in all temperatures. Shrinks 8% the first time in hot temperatures. Linen loves to be washed: Linen gets softer with each washing without losing strength - as long as it has not been "cottonized."
- certification: Oeko-Tex Made In Green
- content: 100% long fiber linen
- directionality: Non-directional
- weight: 16 oz yd2 / 543 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm