Klickitat is a large format boucle fabric whose combination of softness and durability make it a great choice for upholstery. Our current inventory if a little less than one third synthetic fiber. It is one of 3 fabrics in our line with synthetic fibers. The color Ivory is all natural fiber and the other colors will soon be all natural as well.
The Fabric Name
Klickitat is a county in Washington State named after the Klickitat people, a Native American tribe of the Pacific Northwest who were active traders who served as intermediaries among the many tribes of the Pacific Northwest in trade.
It is also the name of an art noveau early ferry that operated in and around the San Juan Islands of Washington State for 80 years.
Upholstery, but you can use it for anything that requires a soft yet substantial fabric: even dresses, throw blankets, baby blankets, towels, etc.
- abrasion test result: 30,000 Martindale*
- care: Washable; almost pre-shrunk. Shrinks just a tad more than 4% in hot temperatures. NO shrinking in cool.
- certification: Oeko-Tex 100
- content: We have two versions: 100% wool (from the Hebrides Islands in Scotland); currently only in color Ivory; and 45% linen, 26% wool, 29% polyester.
- weight: 25.7 oz yd2 / 871 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm
* A discussion of what the abrasion ratings mean.