100% organic cotton sateen. Global Organic Textile Standard, GOTS. Content 100% cotton 500 threadcount. A wide width organic cotton sateen fabric made specifically for bedlinens and all things top of the bed, which also makes very comfy dresses or shirts, produce bags, tote bags, and as a soft tight weave fabric for facemasks.
Our sateen is a GOTS certified fabric.
GOTS, the Global Organic Textile Standard, is the gold standard of fabric certifications. GOTS is your assurance that the fabric you are bringing into your home or workplace is the best possible choice in these categories:
- Toxicity and Impact on the environment
- Toxicity and impact on human and animal health and safety (Yes, #1 and #2 are different. You can have a fabric that is safe to use, but whose production was an environmental disaster. In fact, this is usually the case.)
- Carbon Footprint
- Social justice issues – workers safety and rights, a real concern in the textile industry still
- End of life disposition – right now, at end of life, you bury our fabric in your back yard where it becomes food for tomatoes. This is the ideal end of life scenario (and true for all but 3 of our fabrics).
- Water treatment at every stage of production
Want to learn more?
The Fabric Name
Our sateen is a commodity fabric. You can find it lots of places. If you do, be sure to buy GOTS certified sateen. GOTS certified sheets and sateen are easy to find because the country of India, the source of over 60% of the world’s organic cotton, made a national commitment to GOTS; and India specializes in sheeting fabric.
Bed linens and all things top of the bed, which also makes very comfy dresses or shirts, produce bags, tote bags, and as a soft tight weave
- care: Pre-shrunk, so washable in all temperatures with no shrinkage with the first wash.
- certification: Global Organic Textile Standard, GOTS.
- content: 100% organic cotton
- directionality: Non-directional
- thread count: 500
- weight: 4.4 oz yd2 / 149 m2
- width: 110" / 279.4 cm