Sawtooth Stripe and Buffalo Check are a pair. An all-cotton (organic cotton) midweight (9 ounces per square yard) striped fabric, Sawtooth Stripe is the stripe to Buffalo Check's checks. But you don't have to use them together! Easy to sew into dresses, pants, shirts, napkins, tablecloths, curtains, bedsheets. And it is durable enough to use as upholstery – not heavy kids and pets all day long upholstery but a strong “occasional “ use rating so you can use it frequently. Pair it with Buffalo Check for fun complementing – or clashing - colors of checks and stripes.
The Fabric Name
The sawtooth stripe is an ancient stripe in indigenous American art, with American referring to native peoples in North, Central, and South America. We offer our sawtooth stripe as part of the thinking that indigenous American art is part of shared Pan-American heritage, and inspires an authentic style of American modernism, distinguished from European trends.
Easy to sew into dresses, pants, shirts, napkins, tablecloths, curtains, bedsheets. And it is durable enough to use as upholstery.
- abrasion test results: 12,000 Martindale (Occasional Use, not heavy use)
- care: Washable in any temperature, and pre-shrunk. Use cool temperatures to conserve color for years – and to save energy.
- certification: GOTS Certified. Global Organic Textile Standard
- content: 100% organic cotton
- directionality: The stripes run up the roll. That means the stripes are parallel to the selvedges.*
- repeat: 89mm
- weight: 9.2 oz yd2 / 312 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm