A sheer long fiber linen plain weave fabric. Kalama is a whisper weight linen. It looks diaphanous but Kalama is very strong! Stunning for drapery and especially romantic for your canopy bed, scarves, summer blankets, apparel.
Fabric made from organic fibers which have been processed conventionally can be – and almost always are – full of residual toxic chemicals – and its production may have released literally tons of chemicals into the environment; its carbon footprint stinks and worker safety is suspect. But the Oeko-Tex 100 certification is your assurance that Kalama contains no residual chemicals of concern and is safe for an infant to use.
The Fabric Name
Kalama, a small town in southwestern Washington State, was first settled by the Cowlitz Indian Tribe, and its name means “pretty woman.”
Drapery, canopy beds, scarves, summer blankets, apparel.
- care: Pre-shrunk for any temperature washing. Linen loves to be washed, and gets softer with washing.
- certification: Oeko Tex 100 LEED Eligible for credits: indoor air quality, use of rapidly renewable resources.
- content: 100% long fiber, organic linen
- directionality: Non-directional
- weight: 3.5 oz yd2 / 119 gm m2
- width: 54" / 137 cm